Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sugared Pecans

The secret is sour cream!!!!




I don't know about any of you, but I am so ready for fall!  Cooler weather, sweatshirts, football, and pumpkin anything!  As I was digging through my recipes, I found this one for sugared pecans from my husband's aunt Evelyn.  This is so good at the holidays anytime of the year, especially at the holidays!  *WARNING*  These may be addictive, and not for anyone on a diet or watching their sugar.

Combine in a large pot and boil to a soft ball stage the following:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Remove from heat, add 1 tsp vanilla and beat until thick.  Add 3 1/2 - 4 cups pecans (Aunt Evelyn just dumps in a pound).  Stir until covered.  Separate on wax paper and allow 30 minutes to harden.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment