Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chinese chicken salad

This was so  much better than I expected it to be!  I must say I out did myself tonight!  
Ingredients:
1 bag cole slaw mix
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 bunch green onions, sliced on the diagonal
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 red pepper, slivered (I added this for color)
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and top with:

The dressing that ROCKS this salad:
2 TBL sesame oil
2 TBL soy
4 TBL rice wine vinegar
2 TBL vegetable oil
2 TBL ketchup
2 garlic cloves
(2) 1- inch pieces fresh ginger
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp chili pepper flakes
3 TBL sugar

Directions:
In a food processor, mince garlic and ginger.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it thickens a little and is smooth.  Pour over chicken/slaw mixture and let marinate for about an hour.   YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment