Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Keep your guacamole from turning brown


All day I kept thinking it was Monday.  I'm lucky enough to have the holidays off, but when that happens it really messes me up.  I've been craving corn cakes for awhile now, so in keeping with the Meatless Monday (or so I thought it was Monday) theme, I decided to make a corn cake/black bean burger type of dinner.  My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but doesn't mind going meatless on Monday.  Honestly, he would eat anything I put in front of him.  So I made my version of black bean/corn burgers with guacamole.  I have a neat little trick to keep my quac from turning brown.  After making the guacamole, put saran wrap literally on top of the guac, on the inside of the bowl.  Push out all the air so there are no bubbles.  Like this...

Guacamole recipe:
1 avocado, "smushed" ( I just use my hands)
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice of 1 lime
   1 small jalapeno, minced
1 tsp minced onion
1 TB cilantro, chopped
1 tsp agave nectar
pinch of sea salt
pinch of pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment